Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Missing Piece


*** Originally published in 2004 ***

Ria and I were talking about relationships the other night. We agreed that in a relationship, there would always be someone who will play the field while the other one would remain steadfast in his/her love and devotion.

My point is one partner will always look for the missing 10%. I read somewhere that the top reason why a marriage would not turn out right was because one would always look for the missing 10%.
I am not ashamed to admit that I was once this someone. I was never satisfied with my relationship, I felt that I needed and deserved more. For one, my bf (now fiancĂ©) was never the romantic type and being the dreamer that I am wished for the moon and stars. It didn’t help that one of my friend had a very romantic bf (ring in a paper rose, rose in bed and other sweet stuff). I was green with envy then.

I admit there was one time when I was almost at the point of breaking up the relationship because there was someone who was pursuing me with all the chocolates and promise of flowers.

I learned the hard way but I’m glad I went through all that because I got to accept the man I will forever be spending my life with. To hell with that missing 10%, I have here with me the remaining 90% and for me that’s near enough to being perfect.

No comments: